A respiratory virus, Corona, has attacked many within the last month, with its epicentre in Wuhan, China. This rapidly impacting virus has been declared a worldwide health emergency by the planet Health Organisation as up to 30,000 plus cases are reported worldwide, with new cases emerging a day . With a few of cases have emerged in India, it’s important to understand about the coronavirus infection.
Coronaviruses show flu-like symptoms; starting from mild to severe like –
- Dry cough
- Breathing difficulties
- Kidney failure
Doctors have yet to detect the source of this novel virus which is spreading rapidly. Although the transmission is probably going through close contact with an infected person, mostly via touching or eating.
Certain people are at more risk and will be extra cautious and alert in the least times:
- People working within the healthcare department
- People performing at the live animal markets
- People performing at the airports
- People in close contact with animals
- People whose work involves travelling
In India, 3 positive cases of Coronavirus are confirmed by now [all from Kerala]. Since there are not any vaccines available for nCov, the simplest way is to safeguard our health is to require the possible precautionary measures.
Effective Preventive Measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with an anti-infection soap and water for a minimum of 30 seconds. within the absence of soap, keep a sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Keep your home and surroundings clean. Use an honest disinfectant cleaner, especially on objects and surfaces which are touched daily.
- Don’t touch your face, nose, eyes, mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you’re feeling sick, avoid going out; occupy home and obtain rest.
- While coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth with a tissue and eliminate it immediately during a closed ashcan .
- Do not take any international trips unless its an emergency.
- Limit contact with wild animals, especially stray dogs and cats.
- Use masks while outdoors, especially markets.
- Maintain a minimum of 2-3 ft distance while lecture people publicly .
- Avoid eating non-veg foods from unknown sources and cook meats thoroughly before consumption.
- Stay hydrated by drinking many water throughout the day.
When to consult a doctor?
Avoid taking self-medication as antibiotics don’t add case of viruses. If you or someone on the brink of you has recently been to China, or taken a world trip and is experiencing dry cough, breathing difficulty or high fever from 14 days or more, immediately visit a doctor for a diagnostic assay called Polymerase Chain Reaction [PCR].
There are tons of rumours and misinformation being propagated in such times. Asian requests all to neither spread false rumours nor hear such information, esp. from unreliable sources and take consultation from reliable healthcare only.